RWS- MSC Seascape - Rigger | Deck Technician
About the role…
The Rigger | Deck Technician under the supervision of the Production Manager. Will be responsible for the safe setup, operation and maintenance of all rigging equipment used by cast and crew within the venue, inspections and troubleshooting of all venue automation equipment, as well as participating in all sets/strikes in the aft venue.
- Ensure the safe setup, use and maintenance of all rigging equipment, scenic elements used by cast and crew during performances, rehearsals, training, and maintenance
- Operate rigging equipment during performances and rehearsals as needed
- Preform safety inspections, and maintenance before and during performances, rehearsals, and training
- Complete daily inspections and pre-checks of all rigging and flying equipment, including motors, winches, cables, hardware, apparatus, and harnesses
- Follow all reporting procedures set for thy RWS and venue management
- Effectively troubleshoot and report issues with rigging, scenic and flying equipment as they arise
- Working show tracks: Assist performers into harnesses during shows, connect harnesses to rigging points, perform spotting duties, and operate automation consoles as needed
- Complete post-show duties after each performance, and rehearsal, ensuring all rigging equipment, and scenic elements are safely stored and assist the Technic al Director in completing nightly reports
- Assist with inventory, and general maintenance, rigging and automation equipment, scenic and prop elements as needed
- Communicate effectively with Production Stage Manager, cast, technicians, and onboard maintenance teams and venue management
- Assist with overall production needs as reasonably requested
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
- Have a valid passport not expiring withing 6 months past the length of the contract
- Have or the ability to obtain and visas required given the sailing itinerary of the ship
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in theatre (production or technical) or 3 years of in field experience required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
- Operational knowledge of technical equipment inclusive of rigging, and automation.
- Cruise Line or Touring Experience suggested, but not required.
- Ability to remain positive and push thru in stressful situations, while still accomplishing daily work.
- Ability to communicate with multiple departments onboard, understanding how the entertainment team, folds into the bigger operation.
- Ability to work six (6) days per week for periods of up to 8-months at a time.
- Comfortable living and working in close quarters with co-workers from varied backgrounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods, work at height as required, and consistently lift 75 pounds in fulfillment of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn and abide by all onboard safety regulations as outlined in ship's Safety Management System.
- Ability to complete pre-employment medical screening, including MSC vaccination requirements
- Ability to remain positive in stressful situations working under tight deadlines.
- The ability to analyze and evaluate the need for technical support for various events and performances.
Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for onboarding.
What we bring…
- Onboard (crossover) training included
- Food & Lodging Included
- Double Occupancy Cabin
- Select Privileges in Passenger Dining Facilities
- Access to Guest Gym Facilities
- Free Laundry Service
- Friends and Family cruise discounts
- October 11th, 2022- May 11th, 2023
- $950 per week
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.