Manager, Technical Recruiting
Manager, Technical Recruiting
RWS Entertainment Group and TED is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission,Raise Your Experience
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a full-time Manager, Technical Recruiting
Reporting to the VP, Talent Casting & Recruitment, the Manager, Technical Recruiting is responsible for recruiting and scheduling Entertainment Technicians (audio, lighting, stage management, automation, and video) across RWS projects.
Role & Responsibilities
- Strategically source and hire technical talent based on the best fit for projects needs
across multiple dimensions of intersectional diversity.
- Create, implement and manage a robust recruitment strategy and schedule that meets the ongoing needs and demands of the business.
- Develop focused recruitment initiatives and relationship building with various technical talent genres including installation technicians (light, sound, programming, etc.) designers, wardrobe & costume, and more.
- Conduct interviews (online and in cities around the world) to find the best new talent for technical positions
- Identify, engage and develop pipeline programs for qualified talent with top external agencies, schools, trade programs, groups, etc. worldwide in cooperation with internal RWS programs and departments.
- Liaise with external key holders and act as the main point of contact for any required set up/break down onsite at events, trade shows and other recruitment opportunities worldwide.
- Partner with Technical Services, Production Services, and Wardrobe Operations to maintain overall quality and integrity of the technical staff
- Continually analyze processes and systems and develop strategies for improving future results.
- Facilitate the full cycle recruitment and onboarding processes; including recruitment/sourcing, interview, identify/selection and internal onboarding of all new hires
- Ensure continuous research and analysis of the competitive landscape and recruitment trends of the industry to ensure we remain relevant and functional within the technical expertise landscape
- Have a good understanding and utilization of forward-thinking sourcing, marketing and branding techniques to engage both active and non-active candidates. An understanding of online tools is essential and should include LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and diversity-oriented sites & blogs
- Ensure strict and consistent compliance with EEO, equity and diversity policies set forth by the company
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
- BA or BFA in Theatre Technology, Entertainment Technology, Production Management, or similar experience
- 2-4 years working with entertainment technicians; preferably in a recruitment or hiring capacity.
- Strategic thinking to find solutions to complex problems, with the ability to balance short and long-term objectives.
- Ability to work proactively, both individually and as a team.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, Dropbox, and Excel
- Strong understanding of required skills needed to be a successful technician for ships, parks, and installations.
- Extensive experience in creating, developing and implementing comprehensive recruitment and sourcing initiatives
- Comfortable executing multiple projects with competing deadlines and demands efficiently and effectively
- Ability to consult and develop strong internal relationships that are collaborative and span through multiple departments and levels within the organization
- Strong presentational and negotiation skills
- Current contacts and relationships with industry professionals, agencies, and schools is a plus!
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the year, both domestically and internationally
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
- Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, Paid
parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: VP, Talent Casting & Recruitment
Status: Mobile or Remote
- Mobile (in NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to regularly perform their job responsibilities remotely up to two (2) days per week, with three (3) days per week operating out of the RWS New York City headquarters.
- Remote (outside of NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to work remotely on a regular basis.
Salary: $60,000 annual exempt salary
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.
Get in Touch!
Please submit at this link via JazzHR