GENERAL TECHNICIAN, LIGHTING & VIDEO FOCUS (Seasonal) – MSC Cruises
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
About the role…
The General Technician, Lighting & Video is primarily responsible for the effective operation of all lighting and video related needs for Le Cabaret Rouge and Times Square Atrium and their operations onboard the MSC Seashore. Reporting to the Technical Venue Manager, this role will be responsible for the programming of special events, run of performances, and general maintenance of the lighting & video rig. This role will be expected to gain a moderate level of proficiency in programming and running all servers for visual effect playback.
- Demonstrated programming proficiency on the GrandMA series of lighting consoles
- Intermediate level of lighting design skills to accommodate special events in the venue
- Ability to learn Pandora’s Box Media server to a level sufficient for troubleshooting, basic content loading, and proper output routing
- Familiar with use of Novastar and similar industry standards of LED control equipment
- Preset, program (as applicable), and run all events taking place in assigned venue
- Operate robo-spot for select events/performances
- Complete post sets following each performance/event, ensuring that all lighting gear is properly powered down
- Regularly safety inspect and maintain lighting gear in the venue
- Regularly inspect all LED Video surfaces, replacing panels as required
- Track lamp hours, replacing lamps as they blow or approach end of life
- Effectively troubleshoot and report on all lighting or video issues
- Assist with overall production needs as reasonably requested
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
- Excellent communication and management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in theatre (production or technical) or 3 years of in field experience required.
- Operational knowledge of technical equipment inclusive of rigging, sound, lighting, video and automation.
- Cruise Line or Touring Experience suggested, but not required.
- Ability to remain positive and push thru in stressful situations, while still accomplishing daily work.
- Ability to communicate with multiple departments onboard, understanding how the entertainment team, folds into the bigger operation.
- Ability to work six (6) days per week for periods of up to 8-months at a time.
- Comfortable living and working in close quarters with co-workers from varied backgrounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods, work at height as required, and consistently lift 75 pounds in fulfillment of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn and abide by all onboard safety regulations as outlined in ship's Safety Management System.
- Ability to remain positive in stressful situations working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate the need for technical support for various events and performances.
- Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 will be required.
What we bring…
- Onboard (crossover) training included
- Food & Lodging Included
- Shared Double Occupancy Cabin
- Select Privileges in Passenger Dining Facilities
- Access to Guest Gym Facilities
- Free Laundry Service
- Friends and Family cruise discounts
- January 8th, 2022 - August 30th, 2022
- Preference will be given to individuals who can commit to full tour (approximately 8-months).
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.