Human Resources Manager
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Manager, Human Resources to work directly with and assist the Director, Human Resources organize, coordinate and carry out Human Resources and labor relation compliance for the organization.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the ideal candidate will undertake a variety of human resources and administrative duties.
Salary: $70,000 annual exempt salary
Role & Responsibilities
- Assist with the organization of culture and team building initiatives.
- Support general HR processes including onboarding, orientation, performance management, exit interviews and compliance.
- Develop, implement, administer, and maintain benefits programs, policies, and procedures.
- Identify necessary changes in processes to ensure efficient and accurate workflow and best utilization of company resources.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws, including, but not limited to Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA), etc.
- Assists employees with questions regarding health insurance benefits and assists employees in resolving claims issues.
- Participates in strategic planning for human resource functions and services; recommends goals and objectives and oversees and/or participates in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures.
- Prepare and manage job postings and recruitment processes.
- Assists with recruitment and interview processes as needed.
- Plan logistics for employee meetings, trainings, company retreats
- Support Director, Human Resources with special projects as needed.
- Administrative support including but not limited to scheduling, letter drafting, document proofing, preparing DOC and governmental applications/filings.
- Cultural competence and ability to collaborate with a wide range of individuals
- Self-directed, works with minimal supervision.
- Additional responsibilities as reasonably assigned.
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources, benefits experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with or working knowledge of HRIS
- Experience with negotiating employee/seasonal contracts preferred
- Experience with Federal and State employee benefit laws involving employee benefits (such as COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, OFLA, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Apple systems
- Working knowledge of human resources management principles and practices
- Good time-management
- Positive and personable
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Willing to take initiative and work independently
- Organizational skills and strong follow through
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
- Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, paid
parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
- Mobile (in NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to regularly perform their job responsibilities remotely up to two (2) days per week, with three (3) days per week operating out of the RWS New York City headquarters.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.
Get in Touch!
Please submit at this link via JazzHR