Arts and Craft Specialist – P&O Cruises
The Performance Artist is responsible for delivering the Arts and Crafts programme on board P&O Cruises, creating memorable moments through arts and crafts workshops and sessions for the guests. Your passion for sharing your love of art will be the main drive in delivering these sessions; making the guests feel welcome and that art is accessible to all. The artists will adapt the schedule of the programme, liaising with various other cruise staff to ensure the best experience is created for our guests. Contracts are predicted to start in December, February or March.
Maintain a positive and friendly interaction with guests. Ensure our guests are at the heart of what we do.
Create memorable moments for our guests by ensuring everyone is made to feel special throughout the workshops.
Deliver the Arts&Crafts programme on time and to expectation.
Share your knowledge of arts and crafts with our guests so that they feel like they have learnt something new
Work alongside one other Performance Artist to deliver the Arts&Crafts programme for our guests.
Effectively co-run the planned sessions to create fun, vibrant and memorable moments for our guests.
Ensure that the sessions are executed on time.
Be present for installation moments to encourage guests to interact and add to the installations.
Liaise with F&B to organize food or drink elements required for specific sessions.
Liaise with the Cruise Director to ensure the Arts&Crafts schedule is the most
effective for the ship’s current itinerary – adapt where necessary.
Liaise with relevant staff to book spaces for upcoming workshops, if necessary.
Ensure that the Art Cart is fully stocked, and all materials are ready for a day of workshops.
Ensure that the Art Cart is left tidy and locked up safely at the end of each day.
Effectively promote the programme during the guests’ cruise, and confidently approach guests with relevant programme information.
Ensure that all spaces used are clean and free from mess after workshops.
Complete a weekly Feedback & Stocking Form and send to tedHQ.
Ensure that uniform is clean and smart before running any workshops.
Experience & Skillset:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Art and/or craft skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience in planning and running creative workshops.
- Adaptable to ensure the best experience for the guests.
- Good presenting skills and be able to lead a group confidently.
Character and Attitude:
- A warm and friendly individual who is approachable.
- Passion to share their love of art with others.
- A committed individual who strives to create the ultimate guest experience.
- The ability to work under own initiative.
- Demonstrate passion for creating community.
- Experience of running workshops and/or gameshows.
- Knowledge of a variety of arts and crafts.
- Cruise ship experience is advantageous but not necessary.