Global Manager, Marketing
RWS Entertainment Group is a global, Emmy Award-winning entertainment company with headquarters in New York, Cincinnati, and London. Together with its subsidiaries, RWS designs, fabricates, installs and operates custom entertainment, live events and branded experiences delivering over 500 live productions and providing more than 6,500 career opportunities each year. With projects on six of the world’s seven continents and all the oceans in between, RWS provides services for theme parks, attractions, cruise ships, zoos, aquariums, museums, theater venues, casinos, hotels and resorts, botanical gardens, visitor centers, port of call destinations, retail and real estate, municipalities, airports, corporate and branded experiences. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Global Manager, Marketing to assist with PR and marketing initiatives for RWS Entertainment Group and its subsidiary companies, ted, JRA and Binder Casting.
Reporting to RWS Entertainment Group’s Global Director, Marketing & Communications, the Global Manager, Marketing oversees trade show marketing, public relations initiatives, internal communications, marketing collateral production and award submissions. In the process, they collaborate with in-house teams and third-party agencies, ensuring each project gets the resources and attention it needs to be successful.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop compelling marketing campaigns and copy for RWS Entertainment Group and its subsidiaries
- Act as a brand storyteller; edit and curate the brand voice across multiple channels – creatively adapting per medium.
- Develop PR strategy and schedule and draft compelling press releases for trade and consumer publications.
- Manage external PR agency activities, ensuring that key goals are achieved on time and on budget.
- Assist in developing a marketing and PR integration plan for RWS’ newest subsidiary, ted (The Experience Department).
- Identify and secure speaking opportunities for key personnel at conferences and trade shows worldwide
- Supervise the Graphic Designer, Marketing to ensure that graphic design requests are being met on schedule and on brand
- Serve as a brand ambassador and steward, ensuring that the agreed-upon brand guidelines and standards are executed across all departments.
- Develop and execute Trade Show Newsletter and Collateral Plan, ensuring that Business Development has the marketing materials they need for every show.
- Create and distribute external newsletters: drafting copy, sourcing images, overseeing the graphic layout and ensure that the messaging is appropriate the specific cultural region and/or business vertical.
- Serve on Steering Committee for RWS Entertainment Group’s brand re-alignment and 20th Anniversary campaign and assist with initiatives as needed, including press releases and events.
- Coordinate submissions for industry awards, including copywriting and acquisition of images/video.
- Monitor overall landscape, including new platforms and competitor activity to stay ahead of industry trends.
- Coordinate and manage photography and videography shoots and press events for project openings.
- Research, design and coordinate distribution of innovative promotional gifts and giveaways for staff, clients, talent and vendors.
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing Communications or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of public relations, branding and/or marketing experience for an entertainment company or PR/marketing/branding agency, preferably B2B.
- Experience in public relations, branding, traditional marketing and/or event marketing.
- Demonstrated copywriting ability.
- Strategic thought leader with a mind for business and a passion for creativity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Mac software.
- Fluency in all things themed entertainment and theatre-dance-music-Broadway, and speaking the same “language” as our target audience, while being able to interact in a way that is professional and authentic to our brands.
- High level understanding of content marketing across multiple mediums, regions, and verticals.
- On the pulse of what’s “new and next” in emerging marketing platforms.
- Developed analytical thinking. Ability to manage ROI and measure success.
- Proactive, energetic and highly organized with strong creative communication skills, a positive attitude and an ability to manage an array of priorities and initiatives under tight deadlines.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, deadline-driven, high-energy environment; a team player with ability to coordinate cross functionally.
- Experience with Salesforce, Wrike, MailChimp and Dropbox a plus.
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
- Unlimited PTO, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Paid
parental leave, 401k with company match
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Global Director, Marketing and Communications
Salary: $60,000 annual exempt
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.
Get in Touch! Please submit at this link via JazzHR