Manager, Production Operations (Land)
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Mid Level
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking several Manager, Production Operations to serve as
Reporting to the Director, Production Operations (Land), the Manager, Production Operations will oversee all operational and creative logistics for multiple production shows, installations, or other projects. The Manager, Production Operations will be responsible for supporting the creative team across all projects and events whilst ensuring the best processes are used, tracking milestones for a continued high standard of client delivery.
Role & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Project Management team, oversee and manage the production process and operations of RWS experiences.
- Manage performer and labor logistics for the production process as well as ongoing operations of the experience.
- Manage onsite daily scheduling with the client, creative team, stage manager, company manager, or technical director.
- Coordinate and implement any required technical changes onsite.
- Confirm and document the condition of all production elements and facilitate any necessary repairs.
- Coordinate the strike and return shipping of any production elements with the stage manager, company manager, or technical director.
- Provide administrative support for creatives and other production team members.
- Manage projects effectively within a given budget.
- Submit invoices, expense reports, and reimbursements for staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, coworkers and clients.
- Oversee the NYC rehearsal process scheduling and performer logistics.
- Work with RWS Talent Casting & Recruitment Departments on placement of cast members, staffers, musicians, technicians, and designers in rehearsal housing or housing onsite.
- Collect HR materials from talent for onboarding. Track progress and highlight any concerns to ensure all information has been properly secured and processed.
- Coordinate the completion of performer online training courses and Marlins tests if needed.
- Oversee performer appointment scheduling in order for medical certificates to be obtained if needed.
- Coordinate and distribute travel for performers and contractors to/from NYC with travel department.
- Produce SOPs for operation and maintenance of the experience.
- Coordinate scenic, wardrobe and prop load ins and ship outs, as needed.
- Facilitate and supervise onsite tech rehearsals including all design and tech elements (scenic, lighting, video, audio, props, wardrobe) and performer integration.
- Manage the planning phase for the project, assisting the shaping/reviewing procurement to ensure that there is a clear understanding of scope division and create a cohesive timeline for all technical elements of the project.
- Assess project and resource requirements, assisting with estimating and negotiating as needed.
- Manage and communicate needs for install materials, labor, and schedules.
- Attend production meetings, vendor and client coordination, oversee install plans and drawings to ensure safety standards are always maintained.
- Vet all new product design and coordinate all technical scopes with vendors for all installs.
- Monitor the milestone schedule for the entire prep of the experience to ensure timelines are adhered to, and ensure there is a connection between install needs and planned logistics.
- Provide onsite leadership and scheduling, meeting deadlines and ensuring crew safety while collaborating with clients and vendors as needed.
- Produce SOPs for operation and maintenance of the experience
- Create a high-level milestones schedule for the strike to include: Scope, time, personnel (detailing skill requirements), equipment needed, impact on other departments etc.
- Once the experience is live, coordinate all technical adjustments / concerns for the first 3 events days.
- Update the production install documentation to reflect any changes.
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
- Minimum BFA/BA in Theater Arts, Stage Management, Production Management, or Technical Direction or comparable work experience in entertainment production management, stage management or technical direction/design (cruise ship, theme park, music, or installation production experience preferred)
- Inquisitive with strong interpersonal skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Logistically and creatively minded
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A flexible schedule allowing for irregular work hours, as needed
- Attention to detail: please type the word “Blue Iguana” on the top your resume prior to applying
- The ability to analyze and evaluate the need for technical support for various events and performances
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the year, both domestically and internationally
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
- Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, Paid
parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Director, Production Operations
- Mobile (in NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to regularly perform their job responsibilities remotely up to two (2) days per week, with three (3) days per week operating out of the RWS New York City headquarters.
Salary: $60,000 annual exempt salary
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.
Get in Touch!
Please submit at this link via JazzHR