RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a full-time Manager, Music Creative Content.
Reporting to the Director, Music Creative Content the Manager, Music Creative Content will oversee operational, casting, and creative logistics for productions of our cruise ship client’s music program.
Role & Responsibilities
- Creative for all music and audio, including fully produced soundtracks, for experiences in the leisure and attractions industry.
- Develop and support creative visions and development processes for new music experiences/programs from ideation to execution.
- Develop unique and out-of-the box instrumental music experiences.
- Support the writing and arranging of music for a variety of shows, as well as choosing repertoire across programs.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the production services, production operations, talent, and project management teams.
- Create close partnerships across the company to work as a cohesive team and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Vet and contract outside creatives & studios and manage a creative team.
- Music Direct projects as assigned.
- Oversee and coordinate NYC rehearsal process, scheduling, musician logistics, and studio facility.
- Support development of arrangements, managing recording sessions, voice over work, and all other creative audio needs across experiences.
- Coordinate and manage scheduling with on-site management.
- Provide administrative support for the producer, directors and other production personnel.
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
- BA or BFA in Music Composition, Music and Audio, Sound, Music Performance, Music Direction or comparable work experience
- Performance or management experience in multiple genres of instrumental and/or vocal music
- Knowledge of Q-Lab, Ableton Time Code, Finale, Sibelius, ProTools and Logic
- Attention to detail: please type the word “Blue Iguana” on the top your resume prior to submitting application
- Have a vast knowledge of pop, jazz, classic rock, and R&B repertoire
- Knowledge of classical repertoire a plus.
- Knowledge of acoustic and electric instruments
- Knowledge of recording studios and processes.
- Strong musical gear and equipment knowledge required
- Experience developing or working with custom out-of-the box instruments
- Strong interpersonal skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Independent worker with capacity for multi-tasking
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Excel and MS Office applications
- Ability/experience in light choreography and movement a plus
- A flexible schedule allowing for approximately up to 40% travel
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
- Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, Paid parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Director, Music Creative Content
- Mobile (in NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to regularly perform their job responsibilities remotely up to two (2) days per week, with three (3) days per week operating out of the RWS New York City headquarters.
Salary: $60,000 annual exempt salary
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.
Get in Touch!
Please submit at this link via JazzHR