Manager, Creative Direction; Live Shows
- New York, NY
- Full Time
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience
RWS Entertainment Group is searching for a Manager, Creative Direction; Live Shows, to lead the creative division and hold creative oversight for all land, sea, and live show experiences.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Creative Direction; Live Shows, this position is responsible for the overall creative direction and design of RWS live show experiences from concept to execution. The Manager, Creative Direction; Live Shows is also responsible for upholding the RWS brand standards and ensuring the creative vision is executed to client specifications.
Role & Responsibilities
- Hands-on scripting and creative direction for live show experiences and productions
- Establish a complete creative vision for production shows, theatrical, concerts, installations, and experiences and know how to bring it to life
- Oversee all design elements to ensure the project is cohesive while sticking with an aesthetic and concept from start to finish
- Clearly communicate design vision and creative intent via storyboards/mood boards and other tools to clients while delegating to designers, writers, directors, choreographers, composers and other creatives
- Work collaboratively with other members of the production services, production operations, talent, and project management teams
- Create close partnerships across the company to work as a cohesive team and identify new opportunities for growth
- Vet outside creatives and creative companies to execute projects
- Maintain quality control in all areas of production with existing live show productions
- Stay abreast of market developments and industry trends
- Willingness to adapt with the business as it evolves over time
- Budget oversight on a per-project basis
- Support development and implementation of inclusive and equitable policies and procedures in coordination with HR and external consulting firms
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Theatre, Creative Direction or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of creative direction specializing in events and live entertainment.
- Experience creating live shows for children
- Experience in creating music revues for the stage
- Attention to detail: please type the word “Blue Iguana” on the top your resume prior to submitting application
- Experience building and leading a team of creatives and interfacing with executive leaders
- Experience vetting creative partners and assisting in agency selection
- Ability to evaluate and guide all areas of production including scripting, direction & choreography and design to maintain brand standards
- Experience in public speaking
- Ability to offer creative consulting to other members of the team, internal partners, and agencies
- Experience delivering business proposals for complex ideas
- Proven ability to identify, develop, and drive adoption of new offerings
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, projects, ad hoc assignments, and deadlines
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) preferred
- Motivated and effective self-starter with a record of project success
- Effective communicator and organizer
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative approach
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the year, both domestically and internationally
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
- Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, Paid
parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Sr. Director, Creative Direction; Live Shows
- Mobile (in NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to regularly perform their job responsibilities remotely up to two (2) days per week, with three (3) days per week operating out of the RWS New York City headquarters.
Salary: $60,000 annual exempt salary
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.
Get in Touch!
Please submit at this link via JazzHR