Director, Business Development | North America
RWS is seeking a Director of Business Development, North America to drive revenue for both RWS and its attraction planning and design firm – JRA. The ideal individual will come prepared with a list of potential clients within the market segments listed below and will focus on selling creative services and décor products in North America for both RWS and JRA. Target market segments include:
- Theme Parks / Amusement Parks
- Zoos / Botanical Gardens
- Hotel / Resort
- Cruise Ships
- One – Off Events
- Train Stations
- Entertainment Districts
- Cultural Institutions, Museums
- Sporting Stadiums
- Brand Experiences & Activations
The Director of Business Development will also be responsible for the successful execution of the development of proposals, as well as day-to-day operations supporting the business. This will include the creative development of proposals, proposal art support, budget development, monthly sales reporting, CRM integration, account budgets, contracting reviews and expense report management.
This Director of Business Development will also assist in developing company-wide marketing assets with the RWS/JRA Marketing Team, including creative design for website, collateral and template creation, marketing ideation, copywriting, website updating, video and production content review and social media integration.
The Director of Business Development will collaborate with all additional RWS/JRA staff and contractors to ensure the successful operations of the business operations, to include the delivery of projects that are on-time and within budget.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Business Development, the Director of Business Development will be responsible for selling B2B experiences and services to organizations, while raising company awareness within the industry in global markets and meeting projected profits.
The following is a list of responsibilities of the position:
- Research and presentation of client target lists.
- Development of active sales strategies, resulting in the success of meeting projected company goals.
- Develop new business relationships and opportunities with Legacy IP’s.
- Initiate, develop and maintain client relationships, gaining strategic positioning with lead decision makers.
- Develop an international vendor and contractor database.
- Manage CRM/database of client contacts.
- Implementation and execution of market segment growth plans.
- Accurately record detailed communications, pipeline and financial forecast for targeted opportunities.
- Create compelling proposals through presentation, in-person presentation and concept developments.
- Develop creative and trend-setting tools that allow RWS and JRA to stand out amongst its key competitors when delivering proposals and presentations.
- Work cross-functionally within the organization to develop dynamic creative proposals, including budget creation, resulting in profitable relationships and ongoing sales.
- Participate in and lead, when needed, in-person pitch of proposals to client audiences, including C-suite executives.
- Submit detailed contract requests to legal and liaise with accounting on all project billing needs.
- Provide feedback on all contracts to legal and liaise with accounting on all project billing needs.
- Forecast annual budgets and manage expense related accounts.
- Strategize future business growth and development, showing increased ROI year-after-year, as aligned with overall company strategies.
- The ability to travel national/international 50% of the year, or as needed to advance account acquisition including, but not limited to industry networking events, tradeshows and on-site client meetings.
- Effectively and politely communicate to international audiences, whom may be of other cultures and languages.
- Have the ability to staff up projects, with preferred lists of vendors, contractors and RWS/JRA staff.
- Act as on-site producer, as needed for various projects.
- Collaborate with RWS/JRA operational and creative teams for the successful mounting of productions and experiences.
- Hire and manage workflow and deliverables for RWS/JRA associates and interns, as needed.
- Ideate market campaigns with the team, as needed.
The Director of Business Development will bring:
- A “black book” of qualified industry clients.
- Self-starter attitude.
- Strategic thinking and leadership experience.
- Proven proficiency in developing and presenting proposals.
- Experience in working with high-profile clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Mac software.
- Ability to work with additional on the job software’s, such as a CRM database, Slack and Wrike.
- The ability to asses ROI and measure success.
- Proactive, energetic and highly organized attitude, with strong written and verbal creative communications skills.
- Ability to manage and multi-task multiple proposals and job duties.
- Comfortability in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, deadline-driven, high energy environment.
- A team-player spirit with a fun attitude.
Please note while this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.