(Seasonal) Manager, Wardrobe Design and Logistics
Weekly Rate: $1,250
Roles & Responsibilities
- Sourcing, shopping, build and construction of all costume items required for assigned accounts and projects.
- Liaise and negotiate with current and potential vendors to ensure items sourced are most cost effective and durable.
- Prepare concepts and designs for assigned accounts, including character renderings, research, costume plots, and designs throughout the process.
- Coordinate all costume needs between outsourced designers, build shops, vendors, in-house and on-site alteration teams, production management, and talent.
- Oversee fittings and alteration needs for assigned accounts.
- Effectively manage costume expenses and expense reports for assigned projects, ensuring deliverables remain within budgetary guidelines.
- Oversee coordination of all account shipments & manifests.
- Assist in inventory and management of an expansive stock of costumes, shoes, wigs, jewelry and accessories.
- Record & document (electronic and hard copy) all information relating to account costume data as reference for future production and documentation purposes.
- Provide leadership and training to divisional interns.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, coworkers and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams at a given time
- Collaboration and teamwork a high priority
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
- Minimum BFA/BA degree in Theatrical Design or Technology or comparable work experience working in a theatre or entertainment production company wardrobe or costume department
- Experience in the entertainment and live event production industry
- Proficiency in iWork and MS Office applications
- Ability to meet deadlines, sometimes with narrow time and budget constraints
- Cultural fluency in style and maintenance needs across diverse hair and wig types
- Advanced knowledge of hand and machine sewing techniques. Garment finishing with an understanding of theatrical costume construction techniques and terms
- Ability to embellish shopped garments or stock costumes
- Experience in theme park and cruise ship wardrobe genres preferred
- An exceptional eye for design and style
- Craft skills, mask making, dyeing, paint, millinery and shoe maintenance knowledge
- Extremely detail oriented and responsible
- Strong team player
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Director, Wardrobe
- Resident: Team members who are expected to perform their job in the RWS New York City headquarters due to the nature of their primary duties and responsibilities.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.