Show Supervisor, Resident Productions
- New York, NY
- Full Time
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience
Reporting to the Director, Resident Productions, the Show Supervisor, Resident Productions
is responsible for Re-Mounting Productions for our clients. This position is also re responsible for upholding the RWS brand standards and ensuring the creative vision is executed to client specifications.
Role & Responsibilities
- Teach existing show material to new casts while maintaining original direction and choreography as set by creative team.
- Lead or supervise a group warm-up prior to each rehearsal.
- Install new casts on-site.
- Provide support to Production Director for on-site rehearsal scheduling and safety training.
- Periodically review show materials for evaluation and maintenance notes.
- Provide creative development support as needed to original creative teams for new shows.
- Document all new show related materials using StageWrite application including, but not limited to, staging, choreography, direction and technical cues.
- Create storyboards for new shows as a reference for future casts and crews.
- As needed, assist Casting team in recruiting, auditioning, and evaluating potential cast singers, dancers and actors for leading and ensemble roles.
- Offer ideas for innovation and operational efficiencies within the department.
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
- Prefer a BFA/BA degree in Dance, Theatre, Directing or equivalent professional experience.
- 5 plus years of experience in the entertainment industry working in theatre or live entertainment settings.
- A minimum of 2 years in a management position, preferably within a theatre setting.
- 2 years experience documenting show related materials.
- Assistant Director or Choreographer experience a plus.
- Dance Captain experience a plus.
- Cruise ship and/or Theme Park experience a plus.
- Aerial apparatus training and coaching a plus.
- Experience with StageWrite application a plus.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Excel and MS Office applications.
- A flexible schedule allowing for approximately 35% international travel.
- Motivation, dedication, passion, integrity, collaboration, and self-direction.
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
- Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, Paid
parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Director, Resident Productions
- Resident: Team members who are expected to perform their job in the RWS New York City headquarters due to the nature of their primary duties and responsibilities.
Salary: $60,000 annual exempt salary
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.