RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Production Manager to join our skilled and detail-oriented production and creative staff.
Reporting to the Executive Production Manager, the Production Manager is responsible for producing company projects from concept through completion and will work with clients, designers and contractors to create cutting edge global entertainment that exceeds client expectations.
Role & Responsibilities
- Remain on the cutting edge of show/experience creation and production while broadening the company’s reputation as a source of high-end shows, events and experiences in the leisure and attractions industry.
- Be the ultimate collaborator and facilitator within all aspects of the company. This includes client relations, business development, content creative, production services, production operations, and creatives.
- Motivate and communicate effectively with clients, production team members, technicians, and performers to ensure a cohesive product and that all are working towards the same goal of exceeding expectations.
- Proactively approach projects with solution-based thinking for problems that may arise.
- Execute overall project management for theme park, cruise ship, retail, resort and corporate events as assigned.
- Oversee creation and production of shows/experiences in conjunction with Production Operations team
- Collaborate with Executive Producer to develop and implement department and project-specific goals, policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain department and project timelines and budgets.
- Oversee on-site production and installation for companywide experiences and entertainment as assigned.
- Collaborate with Creative Content Department to ensure all new entertainment packages and experiences are installed efficiently, on time and upholding client/brand standards.
- Liaise with clients to meet their needs while respecting RWS quality standards, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and manage creative teams including writers, directors, choreographers, designers, technicians and other production staff to create fully realized experiences and theatrical projects.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, coworkers and clients.
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
- Minimum BFA/BA degree in theater arts, dance, arts management, stage management or comparable work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in producing entertainment, production, operations or management.
- Experience with location based corporate live show entertainment and experiences (theme park, cruise ships, branded experiences, etc.)
- Strong social and interpersonal skills with advanced communication and an approachable personality.
- Organization and ability to look at logistical problems and come up with creative solutions, as well as the ability to look at the creative process and approach it logistically with an eye to efficiency.
- Ability to work confidently and independently as a decisive motivator for a creative minded staff.
- Attention to detail: please type the word “Blue Iguana” on the top your resume prior to applying
- Ability to offer creative ideas and concepts when developing new show/experience and project ideation.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel and MS office applications.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A flexible schedule allowing for irregular work hours and travel as needed
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the year, both domestically and internationally
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
- Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, Paid parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Executive Production Manager
Status: Mobile or Remote
- Mobile (in NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to regularly perform their job responsibilities remotely up to two (2) days per week, with three (3) days per week operating out of the RWS New York City headquarters.
- Remote (outside of NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to work remotely on a regular basis.
Salary: $60,000 annual exempt salary
*Salary based on living in the Metro Area
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.
Get in Touch!
Please submit at this link via JazzHR