- New York, NY
- Full Time
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Music Supervisor who will be responsible for teaching music for new and current productions while maintaining the direction as set by the creative team.
Reporting to the Director, Music Creative Content, the Music Supervisor acts as an in-house vocal music director whose primary responsibility is to teach or re-teach new or existing show material to our casts.
Role & Responsibilities
- Teaching music for new or current productions while maintaining the music direction as originally set by the creative team.
- Vocal arranging as assigned.
- Vocal chart development and updating as assigned.
- Provide support to Show Supervisor and Production Director for rehearsal.
- Periodically review show materials for evaluation and maintenance notes.
- Documentation of all show related music.
- Provide creative development support as needed to original creative teams for new shows.
- As needed, assist Casting team in recruiting, auditioning, and evaluating potential performers for leading and ensemble roles.
- Offer ideas for innovation and operational efficiencies within the department.
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
- Prefer a BFA/BA degree in Music or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency in piano accompaniment a must
- Knowledge of the human voice and vocal health a must
- 3 plus years of experience in the entertainment industry working in theatre or live entertainment settings
- Knowledge of documenting show related materials
- Experience working with live musicians
- Arrangement of music charts a plus
- Knowledge or experience in working with audio equipment a plus
- Cruise ship experience a plus
- Experience with Sibelius and/or Finale applications a plus
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Excel and MS Office applications
- A flexible schedule allowing for approximately 35% international travel
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
- Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, Paid
parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Director, Music Creative Content
- Mobile (in NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to regularly perform their job responsibilities remotely up to two (2) days per week, with three (3) days per week operating out of the RWS New York City headquarters.
Salary: $60,000 annual exempt salary
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.