RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
RWS Entertainment Group is currently searching for a VP, Production Operations, to oversee the successful production management for projects on land, at sea and everything in between.
Reporting to the SVP, Production, the VP, Production Operations will oversee strategic, operational, and fiscal responsibility for all RWS experiences including but not limited to projects for cruise ships, theme parks, resorts, corporate events, décor and RWS staffing (Fun Crew). The VP, Production Operations will be responsible for strategic planning and implementation of processes and procedures for the land, sea and Fun Crew departments as well as innovation production operations. In addition, the VP, Production Operations will function as a key stakeholder for the overall successful operation for both existing and new projects while working hand-in-hand with the project management department and senior leadership.
Role & Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day and long-term operations of the Land, Sea, and Fun Crew ops departments, ensuring all departments are communicating effectively throughout the production processes with other departments and clients.
- Liaise with Project Management, Production Services, and Creative Content to ensure efficient communication and collaboration as projects develop.
- Collaborate with Business Development to allocate resources to new visions and projects.
- Budget oversight per department and on a per-project basis.
- Continuously collecting, translating, and representing the concerns and needs of the operational needs of the production department to creative content, project management, production services, and leadership.
- Analyze external markets to identify industry trends, competitive landscape, and other forces shaping production operational methodologies in the leisure and attractions industry.
- Develop operational best practices that helps elevate the company’s brand and reputation as leaders of operating entertainment in the industry.
- Work with clients and negotiate account deals keeping best interests of company in mind.
- Forge strong partnerships with both new and existing vendors to ensure competitive pricing.
- Cultivate teams that embrace and curate innovation.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of projects across all operations including sharing of resources as needed to save money.
- Develop and implement inclusive and equitable policies and procedures.
- Implement and foster EDIB initiatives in coordination with HR and external consulting firms.
- Create and enforce safety standards onsite during installations
- Additional responsibilities as reasonably assigned.
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
- Minimum BS/BA degree in Arts Administration, Production Management, Technical Direction or comparable work experience in production management, technical direction or arts administration.
- 7+ of experience in a production environment involving overseeing a team and budget-planning.
- Demonstrated ability to produce meaningful metrics to monitor and improve results using key analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to identify, develop, and drive adoption of new production management offerings
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, projects, ad hoc assignments, and deadlines
- Attention to detail: please type the word “Blue Iguana” on the top your resume prior to applying
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Motivated and effective self-starter with a record of project success
- Strong ability in analyzing finances and understanding production budgets
- Effective communicator and organizer
- Experience delivering business proposals for complex ideas
- Must be proficient in Mac software, Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative approach
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the year, both domestically and internationally
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
- Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, Paid parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: SVP, Production
- Mobile (in NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to regularly perform their job responsibilities remotely up to two (2) days per week, with three (3) days per week operating out of the RWS New York City headquarters.
Salary: $110,000 annual exempt salary
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects.
Get in Touch!
Please submit at this link via JazzHR