- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Mid Level
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Technical Coordinator to serve as an in-house coordinator of departmental logistics and tracking for experiential entertainment projects spanning theme park, cruise ship, corporate event and retail markets.
Reporting to the Director, Technical Services, the Technical Coordinator is responsible for handling technical administration, as well as supporting the Technical Services division with logistic and project support duties as needed. This role will act as point person for technical team coordination and will manage the details needed to ensure the daily success of holiday décor and experiences from conception through execution.
Role & Responsibilities
- Research and book travel for departmental staff.
- Submit expense reports and reimbursements for departmental Director and Technical Directors.
- Coordinate all technical department needs between RWS staff, outsourced designers, build shops, clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Order, track, and manage all technical supply logistics, movements, and shipments in shops, warehouses, or on-site.
- Liaise and negotiate with current and potential vendors to ensure items sourced are the most cost-effective and durable.
- Record and document all technical information relating to account data as reference for future production and documentation purposes.
- Oversee management and documentation of technical assets (i.e., tools, materials, licenses, job boxes, etc.).
- Resolve operational issues through coordination with RWS staff, contractors, clients, and on-site staff.
- Understanding that while unlikely, the position may require traveling with evening and weekend responsibilities, depending on production schedules.
- Provide assistance in shipments and deliveries, as needed.
- Additional administrative tasks as needed.
Please Note: While this is an accurate and comprehensive description of the role, the above Roles & Responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require additional tasks be performed as assigned.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Theatrical Design, Technical Production, Production Management or comparable work experience working in a theatre or entertainment production company
- 2+ years of experience in the entertainment, cruise ship, theme park, live event production industries, or décor installation.
- Ability to meet deadlines, sometimes with narrow time and budget constraints.
- Strong leadership skills and drive to provide all clients with an exceptional product.
- Knowledge of technical elements associated with scenic, lighting, sound, video production and installation.
- The ability to manage budgets and cost estimates for a wide range of clients and price points.
- Demonstrated strategic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills which exemplify the ability to identify issues or challenges and find a reasonable solution.
- Strong organization skills, exceptional attention to detail, and excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop trusting, productive relationships with clients, vendors, staff and all partners.
- Loyalty, passion, and integrity.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently.
- A flexible schedule allowing for approximately 35% international travel
A valid passport for the duration of employment for all travel-related roles. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or proof of exemption) will be required.
- Progressive PTO, CitiBike membership, Commuter benefits, Health benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Pet-friendly office, Paid
parental leave, 401k with company match, Employee Enrichment Program, complimentary tickets to Broadway/Off Broadway shows and industry events as available, Summer Fridays
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Director, Technical Services
- Remote (outside of NY/NJ/CT Metro Area): Team members who are pre-approved to work remotely on a regular basis.
Salary: $58,500 annual exempt salary
*salary based on living in the metro area
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At RWS Entertainment Group, our team of bold makers and mold breakers is made of a diverse group of people who we believe make our work stronger. Our stage actively chooses to uplift applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, national origins, political affiliations, socio-economic status, veteran and Disability status, and other intersectional dimensions of diversity.
We believe the diversity of our people is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our company’s achievement as well.
We are committed to ongoing learning and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of employment as well as through our creative process and projects